Bob Arum announced last week that Manny Pacquiao will fight Timothy Bradley for the third time on April 9, 2016 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
However, despite the announcement, Top Rank spokesperson, Lee Samuels, says that while the fighters have both agreed to the fight, nothing has officially been signed. Samuels also went on to say that Pacquiao was given a $2 million advance on his guaranteed $20 million purse.
Many feel that Pacquiao facing Bradley has been overdone and that a third face-off is unnecessary and not as exciting.
Pacquiao and Bradley first faced off in 2012, with Bradley taking the win in a controversial split decision.
The two had a rematch in 2014, with Pacquiao taking the win.
Nonetheless, both fighters have had nothing but respect for each other. After Pacquiao had won, Bradley immediately went up to Pacquiao and congratulated him.
Arum has previously stated that this is Pacquiao’s last fight in his career, as Pacquiao has more interests in politics in the Philippines.
But, nonetheless, Pacquiao has not been shy about having a rematch with Flod Mayweather either, despite Mayweather being retired.
Pacquiao told Philboxing.com:
“I have been very vocal about it (fighting Mayweather) even before the Bradley fight was made official on New Year’s eve. The reason is simple, I want to end my 21-year boxing career with a big bang so to speak. And what would be the biggest fight to end a career than fighting the best and finest boxer at least in this era? We could have given that last May when we faced each other but due to unavoidable circumstances, sports fans failed to get the results they wanted.”